I'll begin by introducing our new team for the 2013-2014 school year at NDSU! (drum roll please....)
- TJ Beyer, army veteran from Albuquerque, NM and our dashing super-evangelist apologist will be returning for his second year.
- I, Kelsey Kaufman, graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, from Sauk City, WI will yes, be returning for a three-peat at NDSU!
- Jane Voelker, 2011 graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, hailing from Wisconsin Rapids, WI will be joining us for her first year on staff after working as an intern at St. Paul's in Madison.
- Bryan Thiry, formerly known as "BLT" (Beloved Leader of the Team, per Fr. Cheney), graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a diehard Husker, originally from Butte, NE will be re-joining us as the beloved leader of the team, or rather, our team director. (Basically, he's our boss.)
|College of St. Agnes!|
|Just an average day at Ave.|
.....insert awkward response by Kelsey here.....
I decided to offer it to the Lord and that if He needed me I'd be more than happy to help. There are three other missionaries helping out, and the reason is because we were all on the 8-day Ignatian Silent retreat last year, and this retreat is a modified version of it. Essentially, we have a semi-recent experience with the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius so we can help the newbies with their potentially first encounter with the Exercises.
Perhaps now that I've finally finished my first "NST update" I'll give you a few more before my time here is over. Let me just conclude with a few thoughts:
1) Please keep myself and the other missionaries in your prayers, especially this weekend with the retreats!
2) I love being a missionary, and I also love being here at Ave Maria, FL.
3) Only 18 days until I board an airplane for the Camino de Santiago!!